The Trust developed out of a group of stakeholders at Gartmorn Dam into an unincorporated Gartmorn Dam Country Park Development Trust in June 2016 and is currently in a development phase to become a Scottish Charity Incorporated Organisation.
Throughout the year we deliver a range of free events at the park, either just under our own flag or in collaboration with other local groups and stakeholders.
Our main aims are to enhance the natural environment and access to the park in keeping with its purpose and help the local community to take ownership of this public amenity, to enjoy and benefit from it for mental and physical health, and to use its opportunities for outdoor learning and personal development.
Besides individual members we also have organisations as part of our membership.
Currently the following organisations are represented through membership:
- Alloa Community Council
- British Horse Society Scotland
- Clacks Canoe Club
- Clackmannan Development Trust
- Clackmannanshire Riders Access Group
- Clackmannanshire Field Studies Society
- SAS Adventures
- Sauchie and Fishcross Community Council
- Scottish Autism - Gartinny Nurseries
- Scottish Wildlife Trust - Local Group Stirling & Clackmannanshire
Other stakeholders at the park are:
- Private Landowners (some are members)
- Clacks Council: especially CC Ranger Service , CC Youth Service, the CC Access Officer
- Forestry Commission Scotland
- Scottish Water
- Forth Rivers Trust